Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bling out the phone!



This was my project for the last 2 days. It took a total of.........................

.......................................


...............drumroll....................


...............................................

5 hours!


This is my old phone that I took out to be temporarily used until my iPhone is ready to be used. This Samsung t339 had scratches, color fade, and just looked old school. I should have taken a "before" picture, oops.


I think it's more common to bling or decorate phones in Japan, and after seeing some "デコ電"(deko den) or decorated phone, I wanted to bling out my phone also. I googled for some ideas, and went out to get some supplies. I didn't find any cute charms at the stores, but I did find some unused hair accessories and necklace charms in my room. 

The flower almost doesn't match the rhinestones, perhaps it's too bling? It was my first time decorating so I can't expect too much from myself. I had fun decorating it, and basically you can add anything. I should have been more careful when using the glue though. Some of the rhinestones are covered in glue, and doesn't look good. The glue I used was "Elmer's craft bond ultra stick all". I wasn't sure which glue was the best for decorating phones. I might look for a different bond next time. My next planned project is to decorate the iPhone case! Hope it will turn out better than this one.


1 comment:

  1. Bling~ Bling~ Pretty! I like the flower so cute, and lady bug?

    ReplyDelete